The most dangerous man in Cuba
Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet is the most dangerous man in Cuba. That's why he's in prison right now doing 25 years. What were his crimes?
1. He disagrees with the regime because of its abuses in the area of human rights. GUILTY as CHARGED.
2. He's a doctor who denounced Cuba's use of undocumented abortions to keep its vaunted child mortality rates low. GUILTY as CHARGED.
3. He's black. The revolution was created for blacks like him. Not for blacks like him to complain about it. GUILTY as CHARGED.
4. He's guided by his Christian conscience. The revolution does not officially believe in any higher power than the revolution. GUILTY as CHARGED.
5. He's a repeat offender. Upon completing a 3-year prison term Dr. Biscet was arrested 36 days later for continuing to demand that human rights be observed in Cuba. GUILTY as CHARGED.
It's obvious that if Dr. Biscet were allowed to roam the Cuban streets freely that he would pose an existential threat to the regime. That's why he's the most dangerous man in Cuba.
Here's what you can do:
1. Sign the petition asking for freedom for ALL of Cuba's political prisoners, including Biscet.
2. Visit the Cuba Solidarity web site. Cuba Solidarity day is May 21st. You can participate in one of the events scheduled for that day or organize one in your area.
3. You can spread the word. This May 21st, let the world hear from you.