Where’s the best place to be a mom?
According to the Save the Children's State of the World's Mothers 2010 survey, the Caribbean's largest slave plantation is the best place to be a mother and raise a child. Cuba edged out several developing Latin American countries to win this award.
And what mother would not want to raise her child in a place that provides all these freedoms:
- Freedom from having to think
- Freedom from having to speak
- Freedom from any artistic expression
- Freedom from having to deal with money
- Freedom from having to decide on steak or chicken because there is no steak or chicken today
- Freedom from having to get milk for your child after they turn 6
- Freedom from wearing nice and decent clothes and having shoes that fit
- Freedom from worrying about fixing that hole in the roof where the water comes in every time it rains because there is nothing to fix it with
- Freedom from having to buy or sell a car
- Freedom from owning your own home
- Freedom from having to take a bunch of different medications, even if you need them, because the State won't give them to you
- Freedom from turning yourself in for counter-revolutionary acts -- the CDR does it for you
- Freedom from information that might make you think
- Freedom from news, books, and literature
- And the most important freedom of all, freedom from the responsibilities of being free
A wonderful place to be a mom.