Inside information on Chavez leaked to the Spanish press
Hugo Chavez and his cancer: New details emerge
The Spanish newspaper ABC, which claims to have access to inside information, reports today that Hugo Chavez has entered an irreversible decline. In sum, his recent television address could very well be his last one. Kissing a crucifix on camera was most probably his final farewell.
Among the details provided:
* The cancer has not only returned to the pelvic area, but has also spread to his bones. This means that Chavez is in constant pain and taking high doses of pain-killers and sedatives.
* The sudden departure of Chavez for Cuba on November 27 was precipitated by a sharp downturn in his health, which included intense stomach pains, vomiting of blood, and loss of consciousness.
* When Chavez arrived in Havana he was in critical condition.
* The hyperbaric chamber treatments were for lesions that were caused months ago by his radiation theraphy, which have not yet healed.
* The surgery being performed today may buy him some time, but cannot save his life.
* Chavez is being cared for by a team of Russian doctors, who rushed to Havana on a chartered jet.
* Chavez was warned by his doctors over a year ago that he needed to step down from office and undergo more extensive treatment, but refused to follow their advice. At one point, near the date of the Venezuelan election, plans were made to send him to Moscow, but he refused to go. His current condition is due to "months of neglect," according to the Russian oncologists.
* It is highly unlikely that Chavez will recover, or even be able to assume office. On most days, he cannot even get out of bed.
Full story HERE, in Spanish.