He (Gerardito Hernandez on left) rose to the rank of major in Castro’s KGB-tutored Intelligence agency! Whereas his classmate at the Castro-regime’s top KGB-tutored spy school (Arturito Lopez-Callejas, on left)…well…?
According to the FBI’s affidavit, DGI major Gerardo Hernandez and his cohorts were engaged in, among other acts:
• Intelligence gathering against the Boca Chica Air Naval Station in Key West, the MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa and the headquarters of the U.S. Southern Command in Homestead Florida.
• Compiling the names, home addresses and medical files of the U.S. Southern Command’s top officers along with those of hundreds of officers stationed at Boca Chica.
• Infiltrating the headquarters of the U.S. Southern command.
• Spying on MacDill Air Force base, the U.S. armed forces’ worldwide headquarters for fighting “low-intensity” conflicts.
• Locating entry points into Florida for smuggling explosive material.
So who pleads for Hernandez’ release? Well, among the most voiciferous we find his classmate from
Stalinist Cuba’s top spy training center, Arturo (Artie Levy to you!) Lopez-Callejas,
Granted, in the rigorous KGB-mentored curriculum, Arturito fell well behind his classmate Hernandez. “A little slow upstairs,” his KGB-tutored instructors always nodded sadly about Arturito, who was never quite up to the intellectual rigors of this demanding profession..But hey, Arturito–whatever else you can say about his “late-development upstairs”–is still a gung-ho team-player–and by golly!– he surely TRIES hard!
(Arturito SURE seems touchy about his classmate’s exposure and fate–and spares no effort to lobby for his classmate’s release.
But like his counterpart of the Corleone family this Fredo of the Castro family also gets to dress rakishly and hob-knob with the Babes!