Considering that most American presidents are elected by a narrow margin, the findings of a recent poll on conspiracy theories seem to prove that we are all in big trouble. This was a survey of voters, not just of potential voters. In other words, the survey reveals that many of those who actually cast votes believe in all sorts of crackpot theories, some of which are frighteningly irrational.
Of course, this poll seems to be designed quite carefully with a single purpose in mind: to prove that Republicans are dangerously ignorant rubes, especially when it comes to the shaky science of global warming alarmists. But if one analyzes the statistics carefully, it quickly becomes clear that party affiliation makes little difference. There are just a lot of gullible ignorant folk who cast votes, and perhaps even more who design polls and cite skewed statistics while remaining blind to their own ignorance and foolisness.
Too bad they didn't ask a question about the "successes" of the Castro dictatorship or about Che Guevara. It would have been great to have statistical proof of how many doofuses still believe that the so-called Revolution has done great things for the Cuban people and that Che is some kind of saint.
You can go straight to the poll results HERE.
I could say more about this.... but, I have little time to do so..... right now I need to dive into my bunker and hide from the lizard people.... and the Antichrist.
Conspiracy Theory Poll Results
On our national poll this week we took the opportunity to poll 20 widespread and/or infamous conspiracy theories. Many of these theories are well known to the public, others perhaps to just the darker corners of the internet. Here’s what we found:
- 4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our societies by gaining political power
- 37% of voters believe global warming is a hoax, 51% do not. Republicans say global warming is a hoax by a 58-25 margin, Democrats disagree 11-77, and Independents are more split at 41-51. 61% of Romney voters believe global warming is a hoax
- 6% of voters believe Osama bin Laden is still alive
- 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and the US government covered it up. More Romney voters (27%) than Obama voters (16%) believe in a UFO coverup
- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t
- 28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks. 36% of Romney voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11, 41% do not
- 7% of voters think the moon landing was faked
- 13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ, including 22% of Romney voters
- 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980’s
- 9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health)