PINAR DEL RIO


support babalú


Your donations help fund
our continued operation

do you babalú?

what they’re saying


bestlatinosmall.jpg

quotes.gif

activism


ozt_bilingual


buclbanner

recommended reading





babalú features





recent comments


  • antonio2009: It seems that you have recuperated back to your usual self. Felicidades.

  • Gusano: ¡que comebola!

  • asombra: “Cubans who think differently but have common values.” Right. Values like the continuation of the Castro system with...

  • asombra: “Fierce defenders of Cuban sovereignty.” Which one? The one that was turned over to Soviet Russia for 30 years until...

  • asombra: Carlos, at least Weissenstein is not Cuban, which makes him better than Saladrigas. As for the “independents,” well,...

search babalu

babalú archives

frequent topics


elsewhere on the net



realclearworld

The left’s obsession with demonizing us fails again

The rush to judgement by the mainstream media and leftist pundits on who the Boston Marathon bombers was just the latest in a long sick tradition. The left, incapable of rational and logical thought, and lacking even the slightest bit of deductive reasoning, continues to make the same mistake over and over again, proving they are, of course, insane.

[...] The Sparkman accusations were based on nothing more than a desire to demonize the newly formed and rapidly growing Tea Party movement as terrorists and un-American.  It was as if they were hoping for an act of Tea Party violence.

Yet there was a theory behind the madness, the Eliminationist Narrative created by Dave Neiwart of Crooks and Liars about an “eliminationist” radical right seeking to dehumanize and eliminate political opposition.  It was a play on the over-used narrative of Richard Hofstadter’s “paranoid style” in American politics.

The Eliminationist Narrative was aided and abetted by an abuse of the term “right-wing” to include groups who are the opposite of conservatism and the Tea Party movement.

In the case of Sparkman, the accusations were just Another Failed Eliminationist Narrative.  And the Eliminationist Narrative would fail time and time again [...]

For a more detailed picture of this sick state of mind, read "10 Depressing, Morally Confused Reactions to 4/15/13, the Boston Jihad" in the PJ Tatler.

3 comments to The left’s obsession with demonizing us fails again

  • antonio2009

    What most everyone is failing to question here is how, after Russia gave a tip to the CIA and the FBI about how dangerous Tamerlan was, no action was taken after the FBI interviewed him.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311953/FBI-interviewed-Boston-Marathon-bombing-suspect-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-26-possible-extremist-ties-years-ago-incriminating-information.html
    This reveals the shoddy state of the U.S. intelligence community. The problem is that many government employees are more interested in their pay benefits and overtime than doing serious work. One federal employee told me that about 40% of government workers are inept and lazy and the other 60% have to do their job for them. The FBI agent who interviewed Tamerlan should be immediately dismissed for failure to properly do his job but it won't happen and the media will not pursue that angle.

  • asombra

    Antonio, there are inept/lazy people being "carried" by other people everywhere, otherwise things would basically fall apart, but that's bound to be especially prevalent in the government sector. Given the particulars of that milieu, it's practically inevitable.

  • antonio2009

    Asombra: Because the federal government fails to weed out incompetents, which gets worse with time, terrorists are coming in under the radar. The FBI agent who botched the Tamerlan interview should be dismissed. A few years ago, I complained to the chief of the U.S. National Archives that staff in designated areas had no idea of what comprised their collections, like the expertise of the previous people they replaced upon retirement. I got a courteous reply saying that things change and will never be the same as before and that their employees were working very hard. I regard the archives staff as trained to deal with amateur genealogists and they abhor trained historians who ask questions they don't know how to answer.