This post’s headline comes–not from some redneck Trumpista in Alabama (or MUCH WORSE (!!!) Louisiana!)
No. It comes from a young Cuban lawyer living in Mexico– His name is Rafael Alejandro Hernández and he knows what he’s talking about, from firsthand experience. To wit:
* “You claim to be a journalist not a politician. But Trump threw you out only because you were out of line. Your behavior was shameful.
* “Every week thousands of Cubans migrants to Mexico are arrested, beaten, extorted and swindled by the Mexican gov. in collusion with the Castro tyranny! But I’ve never heard you utter a peep against the Mexican government over this, Mr Jorge Ramos! And you claim to be a proud and vocal Mexican citizen, Mr Jorge Ramos!”
* Why not come to Mexico and try telling President Pena Nieto that deporting Cubans to Castro means they’ll live in a prison. Why not practice what you preach, Mr Ramos?!
* You denounce the U.S.–a country that opened its doors to you, yourself, sir–but you refuse to utter a peep against your native Mexico, that deports Cubans not because they’re delinquents–but as a matter of policy.”
* I’m speaking to you as someone who was jailed for 49 days in a Mexican prison for migrants and freed only after a hunger strike where I almost died.”
* “Next time you attend a Trump press conference you might ask permission to speak, and wait your turn like all the others. And since you seem to like to talk without permission come to Mexico and try that stunt!”
I’ve freely paraphrased the young lawyer’s commentary while translating it into Joe-Sixpack English. If you suspect I’ve mangled his meaning, here’s the entire piece in Spanish.:…And here’s a video of his “speech.”