In my previous post I linked to a Miami Herald article highlighting ENCASA, a group of “prominent” Cuban-American “professors and artists” who have begun a public relations campaign for the lifting of the embargo and travel restrictions to the island.
I’m all for it. With the following conditions:
– That all Cuban politcal prisoners and prisoners of conscience be released immediately and granted unconditional amnesty.
– That all Cubans on the island be allowed to go wherever they please on said island. The existing system of apartheid must be eradicated immediately.
– That all Cubans be granted access to all sources of information, whether broadcast, print, or internet immediately.
– That all Cubans be granted the freedom to express their opinions freely without fear of repercussions.
– That all Cubans be allowed to travel abroad as freely as Americans or any other human being immediately.
– That all Cubans be allowed to live where they please, work where they please and seek a better life for themselves as they please immediately.
– That all Cubans be treated as equals to their foreign counterparts, including “prominent scholars and artists” from abroad.
– That all Cubans be allowed to elect their leaders through verifiable democratic elections as allowed for through the Cuban Constitution of 1940.
It’s not too much to ask.
Get to work on the above, ENCASA, and I guarantee you will have the full support of the entire Cuban-American Community. If not, shut the fuck up and let people that live in the REAL WORLD handle the real world issues.