If my morning is any indication, Im in for a pretty crappy day. Thus, here’s a few things for your attention:
– If youre in New York, dont forget that Carlos Eire will be discussing Waiting for Snow in Havana tonight at 6 p.m., at Columbia University’s Casa Hispánica, 612 West 116th Street, between Broadway and Riverside.
– The commie loving Cuba Solidarity Group will be having a discussion on che guevara at 7pm on Tuesday October 9th at the University Lutheran Church; 37th & Chestnut Sts. in Philadelphia. The University of Pennsylvania CAUSA group is asking any freedom loving Cuban-Americans in the area to join them to counter the CSG bullshit session. If you are in Philly or nearabouts and want to attend, email me for more information.
– Pretty good Cuban exile done good story at Miami New Times, from our friend the lovely and talented Tamara Lush.
– Via The Real Cuba, great video of Martin Valverde in Cuba.
– Is Barrack Obama an asshole or what? [From Pitbull: I wonder what
CubanosComemierdas con Obama think about this? Oh I forgot, they’re already wearing their MoveOn.org pins. Sorry for the interruption. More from FoxNews.]
– I got a huge kick out of the following image, from the People’s Cube. Tshirts available for purchase here.
Im off to try to straighten out the rest of my Friday. Have a great day and if you have any interesting stories, articles, etc… use this as a Friday Open Thread and drop a link in the comments section.