My husband is an Internet Marketing Guy. (He prefers to be called “The Marketing Guru,” but that’s not important right now.) He tells me search engine facts like: “Your site has had X number of hits today.” This information totally makes me feel cool, although I’m a little puzzled by how it is that people are finding me.
He patiently explains: “They’re Googling Cuban things.”
That sentence right there throws me into spasms of laughter. (Holy cow! Who are these people? Can they be stopped? I crack myself up. =D)
When I finally catch my breath again (and he stops frowning) he goes on to let me know that people are searching for “keywords” such as: Cuban family, Cuban-American life, and even “Kevin Bacon to Andy Garcia.” =D
But apparently, the “Cuban thing” that people are Googling the most and which most often leads them to My big, fat, Cuban family is (drum roll please). . . “pastelitos de guayaba.”
“My pastelitos are getting Googled?”
Yikes! That means that all of cyber-space knows that I’m just a cheater and a poser.
Or . . . (as The Marketing Guru spins it) I’m just a Smart Cuban Cook living in a pastelito-challenged location. (phew!)
God, I love that man. 😉
Marta’s Pastelitos de Guayaba
1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
1 bar guava paste
1 pkg. Cream cheese (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Thaw the puff pastry according to package directions.
3) Use baking parchment to line your cookie sheet so the guava won’t stick.
4) Unfold one of the pastry sheets and place on pan.
5) Cut guava into 1/4 inch slices and place on the pastry sheet.
6) Spread cream cheese over guava paste slices (optional).
7) Unfold second pastry sheet and place on top of guava paste.
8) Cut into desired size before baking.
9) Bake at 400 for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
10) They will look absolutely irresistible, but (seriously, trust me on this) use as much self-control as you can muster and give them time to cool before taking that first bite.
It’s The Marketing Guru’s birthday today.
Guess what I made for him instead of a cake? 😉