If you are the American media, shilling for Obama, ACORN, Marxist revolutionaries, and various and sundry liberal causes and organizations can be a daunting task. Especially when you have to make at least a trivial attempt to make it look like objective journalism, though even that is questionable nowadays. With all the damaging associations to cover up for the liberals in addition to all the dirt they must find, and in most cases fabricate, against conservatives, the job of a journalist in this country’s mainstream media can be difficult.
Luckily, the Obama campaign is more than happy to lend a helping hand as the Drudge Report has revealed. So, if any of you were wondering where all the story ideas the media has been running lately are coming from, the following e-mail sent out by the Obama campaign’s press secretary to the media with a list of talking points for tonight’s debate should give you a good idea.
——– Original Message ——–
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:37:27 -0500
From: Sean Smith [firstname.lastname@example.org]
To: Sean Smith [email@example.com]
* This is John McCain’s last chance to turn this race around and somehow convince the American people that his erratic response to this economic crisis doesn’t disqualify him from being President.
* Just this weekend the weekend, John McCain vowed to “whip Obama’s you-know-what” at the debate, and he’s indicated that he’ll be bringing up Bill Ayers to try to distract voters.
* So we know that Senator McCain will come ready to attack Barack Obama and bring his dishonorable campaign tactics to the debate stage.
Obama continues to lead on the economic crisis with a rescue plan for Main Street.
* Over the course of the campaign, Barack Obama has laid out a set of policies that will grow our middle class and strengthen our economy.
* But he knows we face an immediate economic emergency that requires urgent action – on top of the plans he’s already laid out – to help workers and families and communities struggling right now.
* That’s why Barack Obama is introducing a comprehensive four-part Rescue Plan for the Middle Class – to immediately to stabilize our financial system, provide relief to families and communities, and help struggling homeowners.
* This is a plan that can and should be implemented immediately.
* Obama has shown steady leadership during this crisis and offered concrete solutions to move the country forward – and his Rescue Plan for the Middle Class builds on the plans to strengthen the economy and rebuild the middle class that he’s laid out over the course of this campaign.
* Already in this campaign, he’s unveiled plans to give 95 percent of workers and their families a tax cut, eliminate income taxes for seniors making under $50,000, bring down the cost of health care for families and businesses; and create millions of new jobs by investing in the renewable energy sources.
* John McCain has been erratic and unsteady since this crisis began – staggering from position to position and trying to change the subject away from the economy by launching false character attacks.