Miss me yet?
I haven’t been cooking as much as I’d like (or as much as my family would like, but that’s not important right now). That doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy.
I’ve been experimenting with food and presentation and recipes and tastes.
I’ve also been experimenting with tape. Video tape. (I know. Shut up.)
Today’s offering is Me *takes bow*, making dulce de leche, in the crockpot. One day when I have my own cooking show, this is what it will be like.
Only then, I will definitely have a crew to clean up after me. (Right? Right?? Come on, you guys…)
Crockpot Dulce de Leche
- 1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Peel the paper off of the can.
- Place the still sealed can in the crockpot full of water so it just covers the top of the can.
- Cook on low for 7 or 8 hours. Or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove with tongs. Can will be very hot.
- Let the can cool and open carefully once it has cooled.
- The dulce de leche is ready to eat straight out of the can or to be used in recipes.