A steaming hot pot of ajiaco for you on this Tuesday, January 10th, 2012:
- Investors Business Daily on the Obama administration’s foreign policy “reset button,” and how it has helped Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez become a true threat to liberty and stability in our hemisphere.
- Twitter is a platform that allows its users to freely express themselves. When you look it at that way, then the Castro dictatorship’s accusation that Twitter is an American tool sounds about right. A tool of freedom that the Cuban regime simply cannot afford.
- Because the right to posses and indiscriminately threaten your sworn enemies with nuclear annihilation is a fundamental human right in Rafael Correa’s Ecuador. The right to free speech and the press… not so much.
- Want to tour Cuba’s island slave plantation and never get lost? There’s an app for that!
- Miami Archbishop Thomas Wenski hopes the Pope’s visit to Cuba later this year will bring “reconciliation” to the Cuban people. Reconciliation is real nice — almost as nice as freedom.
- A Cuban health official claims that Cubans are immune to dozens of diseases that plague other countries. Unfortunately, the disease of communism is not on that list.