Here’s a wonderful summary of the fine mess created by the current occupant of the White House in the south-of-the-border Castro-Bolivarian latrine
From Capitol Hill Cubans
The Worrisome Results of Obama’s Cuba Policy
March 10, 2015
In an official statement today, the Castro regime has reiterated unwavering support for its puppet regime in Caracas, amid its further radicalization:
“Cuba again reiterates its unconditional support and that of our people for the Bolivarian Revolution, the legitimate government of President Nicolas Maduro, and the heroic brotherly people of Venezuela.”
Moreover, at a pep rally in Caracas last week, General Raul Castro’s daughter, Mariela, took the microphones to proclaim:
“¡Cuba y Venezuela, una sola bandera” (“Cuba and Venezuela, joined by one flag!”) and “¡Viva Maduro, carajo!” (“Viva Maduro, dammit!”).
Thus — in a nutshell — here are the results of Obama’s December 17th announcement to normalize relations with the Castro regime:
1. Repression in Cuba has intensified — well over 1,000 political arrests since December 17th;
2. Repression in Venezuela has intensified — another student activist killed and leading opposition figures arrested;
3. The Venezuelan government has consolidated its authoritarian grip;
4. The United States stands alone — albeit late — in holding Venezuela’s government accountable; and
5. No one — including the United States — is holding Cuba’s regime accountable.
In other words, as we (sadly) predicted months ago.