There’s a reason the communist Castro dictatorship has banned opposing political parties and hasn’t held a free and fair election in over 60 years.
Poll shows 70.6% of Cubans on the island don’t trust the government
70.6% of Cubans on the island have no trust or very little trust in the Cuban government. The findings come from an independent survey carried out in the country by the Cubadata project, who shared the results with Diario de Cuba.
“Only 39.4% has a lot or total trust in the government’s political system, while another 37.4% has very little and another 33.2% has no trust at all. The levels of mistrust are much more pronounced when asked about the Communist Party (75.5%) and whether the police acts with honesty and/or integrity (79.5%), according to the “Political legitimacy, economic crisis, and civil protest in Cuba: 2021” poll.
The survey was conducted on men and women between the ages of 18 and 75 in all regions of Cuba. “The sample was non-probabilistic and was conducted during the second and third weeks of June 2021. The total number of those surveyed were 2,631, the majority of them in Havana,” said Cubadata regarding their survey that took place before the peaceful protests on July 11.
Those surveyed responded to questions such as: “Do you believe the laws enacted in the country are fair? Do you trust in the administration of justice in the country? Do you trust in the president to respond to the necessities of the people? Do you trust the Communist Party to respond to the necessities of the people?”
34.5% of those surveyed did not trust that Miguel Diaz-Canel would respond to the necessities of the people and 34.9% had very little trust in the president for a total of 69.4% lacking confidence in Castro’s replacement. On the other hand, 15.5% had a lot of trust and 15% had total trust in Diaz-Canel, barely giving him 35.5%.
71.4% said they had no confidence or little confidence that the laws enacted in Cuba were fair and 70.7% had no confidence or little confidence in the administration of justice in the country.
Continue reading (in Spanish) HERE.